Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sorting through old photos...


I've been sorting through some old photos lately and am getting the hang of scanning and uploading them to Picasa 3. It's been fun picking out some favorites and revisiting old memories.

This first photo is from my Camp Fire Girls days. Our group rented a house at Camp Wathana in Holly, MI for a weekend. This photo was taken just before we left to head back home. I can actually remember almost everyone's name:

Standing: Catarina Palazzolo, Kathy McPherson (our leader), Michelle Weisend, Jenny Engel, Kathleen Winterfield (my mom), Debbie Engel, Jennifer Weisend.
Sitting: Virginia Marsack, Me, Robin Cunningham, Judy Chapman, Karen Krok. Unfortunately, the last girl has her face covered with her hand--can't remember who that would have been.




This next photo is from my sister's 2nd birthday in 1977. Looks like she may have been dipping into the birthday cake ahead of time! She's sitting at our little play table and to the left you can see our "kitchen". We had lots of fun playing "house" in our basement.


















This photo is of my great uncles and my grandpa. From the left, Ralph Barber, Vincent Barber (my grandpa), and Harry Barber. I don't know why, but I've always loved this photo and have had it framed and on a bookshelf for quite some time. I think I got this photo after my grandpa passed away in 1991.

No comments: